Fargo Drunk Driving Accident Attorney
Representing Victims & Their Families After a Drunk Driving Accident
Even small car accidents can cause a mountain of medical bills. When you add alcohol to the manipulation of large vehicles, you increase the risk of traffic accidents exponentially. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, one person is injured in a drunk driving crash every two minutes.
Even if drunk drivers have their licenses suspended, there’s no guarantee they’ll stay off the road and stay sober behind the wheel.
Have you or a loved one suffered injuries as a result of a drunk driver's actions? Let us help you pursue justice and the compensation you deserve. Call (888) 288-4756 today to get started in a FREE case evaluation.
Is North Dakota a "No Fault" State?
North Dakota drivers have “no fault” car insurance, meaning your insurance will pay for your medical bills and the drunk driver’s insurance will pay for his or her medical bills. However, if your insurance doesn’t cover the full extent of your medical care, you can assert a claim against the drunk driver to recover those unpaid medical expenses and damages for your pain and suffering.
What to Do If You Are Injured by a Drunk Driver
Take the following steps to ensure you receive as much compensation following your drunk driving accident as possible:
- Call the Police: The person may be driving with a suspended license, which is a Class B or Class A misdemeanor. Drunk individuals are also unpredictable. The driver’s judgment will be impaired and he or she might make the decision to flee or intimidate you into forgetting the whole situation.
- Take Photographs: If you or your car was damaged, and you are capable of moving without doing further injury to yourself, take as many photographs as you can of the surrounding area, your injuries, and the damages to both cars. Your insurance company will use this to evaluate the amount it must pay.
- Call Your Insurance Company: Make sure your insurance company is aware of what occurred. It will be paying for the car repairs and the medical bills, so you’ll want to file a claim.
- Find a Drunk Driving Accident Attorney in Fargo: If your medical bills are too high for your insurance to cover, you’ll want legal representation to make your case in civil court against the drunk driver. A personal injury attorney can help you fight for compensation.
The Dangers of Driving Drunk
Driving while intoxicated is more common than you may think. Despite law enforcement heavily cracking down on those who are driving while intoxicated, almost 29 million people admitted to driving drunk in a 2013 survey—more than the population of the entire state of Texas.
Many people think they can get away with it without issue because many of them have; the average person has driven drunk 80 times before they are arrested for the first time. It should then come as little surprise that drunk driving costs the average American over $500 per year, totaling a whopping $132 billion for the country.
Our Fargo Drunk Driving Injury Attorney Can Help
You deserve compensation for your injuries. Our Fargo drunk driving accident lawyer has an outstanding success rate.
We can help you obtain compensation for the following:
- Medical treatments
- Lost income from missed work
- Pain and suffering
- Much more!