Fargo Car Accident Attorney
Committed to Helping Car Accident Victims in North Dakota
If you've just been in an auto accident, the most important thing to do is seek medical attention. Even though injuries may seem minor now, you should not forgo seeing a doctor--waiting could lead to serious complications later on.
If it is safe to do so, take as many photos of the accident as you can, and make sure to record the contact information of all the involved parties as well as any witnesses who may be willing to give a statement.
Do not ever admit fault after an accident. That is for the insurance companies to determine after taking all the evidence into consideration.
The next step is also crucial: get in touch with a car accident lawyer in Fargo, ND. We at Ruth Law Firm have 30 years of experience getting auto accident victims the fair compensation they are owed. Our team can answer any questions you may have regarding your accident and how to move forward.
What to do After a Car Accident
Being in a car accident can be a stressful and anxiety-inducing affair. It's important to take the appropriate steps to start the recovery process and seek indemnity for any car accident injuries.
Once you have checked yourself and others for injuries, you should do the following:
- Seek immediate emergency medical attention if necessary
- Gather the insurance and drivers' license information of the other drivers.
- Contact the local authorities
- Take pictures of the accident and any damage to your property as well as the property of others
- Contact your insurance company and inform them of the accident
- If necessary, contact an experienced motor vehicle accident attorney in Fargo to represent you.
What Is the North Dakota Statute of Limitations on Car Accidents?
North Dakota has a statute of limitations of six years, which starts on the date of your accident, for both injuries and damages to personal property. Keep in mind that the North Dakota statute of limitations on car accident cases means that you have a limited time to bring forward a car accident claim.
That also means you need to have your case reviewed by a reliable car accident lawyer in Fargo as soon as possible. While this may seem like a plentiful amount of time, once this time period is over, you may lose your chance to recover financial compensation.
You have nothing to lose by calling our office, as we work on a contingency fee basis, meaning we do not get paid unless we recover on your behalf. The sooner you get started, the more clear details will be, helping to make a stronger case to fight for fair compensation.
What Damages Are Available in a Car Accident in Fargo, ND?
Types of damages we can recover include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of anticipated future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of income
- Property damage
- Emotional trauma
- Rehabilitation costs
Should I Hire a Lawyer After a Car Accident?
Not all car accidents require a lawyer. If you are not injured, or minimally injured, the insurance claim may be easy enough to handle on your own. If you are severely injured or suffered a loss of a family member due to a car accident, however, hiring a Fargo car accident lawyer can bring you peace of mind knowing that you have an experienced advocate fighting for your right to a fair compensation while you focus on recovering.
Find Out How Our Car Accident Law Firm Can Maximize Your Compensation
Reasons to choose us include the following:
- We Provide Free Case Consultations
- We Have 30 Years Of Experience
- We Don’t Charge A Penny Until We Win
- We Build Personalized & Effective Legal Solutions
- We Have A Proven Track Record Of Success
How Our Fargo Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You
When you get into contact with our Fargo personal injury attorney, you're taking the first step toward recovery. Our firm offers free case evaluations, so you have nothing to lose. Our car accident lawyer is ready to listen to your story and provide you with much-needed counsel during this time.
Every journey begins with a single step in the right direction, and we hope that our excellent track record and eagerness to help lead you to take that step with Ruth Law Firm.
- What Caused My Car Accident? - A recent blog post published by Ruth Law Firm takes a deep dive into some of the most common causes of car accidents including environmental causes, driver errors, and vehicle defects. Visit our blog to learn more!
- Common Types of Car Accidents - Another recent blog post explores what the most common types of car accidents are, and how they usually occur. Visit our car accident blog for more details!
- Causes of Car Accidents - When it comes to human error, there are a variety of different things that can cause accidents. Visit this page to learn more about various types of negligence that cause vehicle accidents; from text and driving to driving while fatigued, there may be more causes than you think.